FILLMORE COUNTY, Minn. - One person is dead after a crash involving a semi and a car.
It happened a little before 10:30 am Wednesday morning on Highway 44 near Mabel. The Minnesota State Patrol said the semi was eastbound on Highway 44 and the car was making a left turn onto North Lyndale Street. The semi and car collided in the intersection. The car went into the ditch and the semi rolled onto its side.
A 17-year-old male who was in the front passenger seat of the car was killed. The driver of the car, a 19 year-old woman from Houston, was airlifted by Mayo One to Gundersen Clinic and is in critical condition. The backseat passenger was another 17 year-old male, and suffered significant injuries and was taken to the hospital by ambulance. The driver of the semi was a 50 year-old male from Rushford. He was not injured. The names of those involved have not yet been released.
The semi was carrying about 35 cattle. A few of the cattle got away and are unaccounted for. The State Patrol said most of the cows seem okay but they are assessing the extent of their injuries.
Authorities are in the process of conducting a crash reconstruction. They expect it to be a few more hours until Highway 44 reopens.
- Teen killed in semi vs. car crash in Fillmore County
- Motorcycle crash in Fillmore County
- Fillmore County teen injured in rollover
- Name released of Iowa motorcyclist killed in Fillmore County crash
- Two injured in Fillmore County crash
- U-Haul crashes in Fillmore County
- Two hurt in Fillmore County motorcycle crash
- One-vehicle crash in Fillmore County
- Fillmore County woman injured in crash
- Rollover crash in rural Fillmore County