FLOYD COUNTY, Iowa – A driver was trapped and taken to Floyd County Medical Center for minor injuries after a semi crash Tuesday night.
The Floyd County Sheriff’s Office says the semi jack-knifed on the Avenue of the Saints curve west of Floyd at 7:39 p.m.
“Although it had stopped snowing, high winds caused blowing snow and created ice covered roads in some locations. This resulted in this accident as well as 5 other property damage only accidents,” the Sheriff’s Office said.
The driver, whose name hasn’t been released, was from out of state.
- 1 injured in semi crash on Avenue of the Saints
- Semi driver loses control on Avenue of the Saints
- 2 injured in Cerro Gordo Co. crash on Avenue of the Saints
- Dodge County man injured in semi crash
- 2 taken to hospital after car-semi collision on Avenue of the Saints
- UPDATE: Driver injured after semi crashes into overpass
- Semi/SUV crash in eastern Olmsted County injures one
- Lawsuit filed over Avenue of the Saints intersection
- Vehicle fire on Avenue of the Saints backs up traffic
- Rollover crash on Avenue of the Saints in Floyd County results in minor injuries