MASON CITY, Iowa - One person was injured and a hit and run investigation is underway after a person’s body was found lying in a roadway late Thursday night.
Police were called at 10:35 p.m. to the 3300 block of 9th St. SW after a pedestrian had been struck by a vehicle.
When a witness came upon the victim and called 911, the vehicle that struck the person was no longer there.
The victim was taken by ambulance to MercyOne-North Iowa and is being evaluated for injuries.
Anyone with any information on the incident is asked to call Mason City police.
- 1 injured after body found in Mason City roadway; hit and run investigation underway
- Pedestrian hit while walking on Mason City roadway has died
- Stabbing investigation underway in Mason City
- Shooting investigation underway in Mason City
- Police: Death investigation underway after body found in Albert Lea
- Flooded roadways
- Body found in Marshalltown confirmed as missing Mason City woman
- Bicyclist injured in hit-and-run collision
- Stabbing investigation underway in Charles City
- Bicyclist hit by truck in Mason City