ROCHESTER, Minn. – One person was initially found unresponsive before being transported after being hit by a vehicle while riding a bike Tuesday.
Police say a pick-up driven by 39-year-old William Hayes, of Mazeppa, was eastbound and looking into the sun and didn’t see a bicyclist on the sidewalk. The bicyclist, 59-year-old Jerry Swank, of Rochester, suffered a head injury and was hospitalized.
The accident report said Swank “was not wearing safety equipment” and said both men were at fault.
It happened at 17th Ave. NW and 7th St.
- 1 injured after vehicle vs. bike accident in Rochester
- Three-vehicle accident in Rochester
- Rochester Bike Summit 2018
- Rochester city councilman hospitalized after vehicle-bike collision
- Rollover accident in Rochester
- Two people injured after two-vehicle accident in North Iowa
- Two-vehicle accident in Rochester causes one car to roll
- One injured in two-vehicle crash southeast of Rochester
- Accident slows traffic in Rochester
- School bus accident in Rochester