PALO ALTO COUNTY, Iowa – One man has died after being hit by a vehicle while riding a bicycle.
Luke Rouse, 36, of Emmetsburg, was killed in the crash while Lacy Rouse, 33, was injured.
The two were riding bikes Tuesday when 83-year-old Duane Anderson, driving a van, was adjusting his mirror and failed to see both bicycles.
Lacy Rouse and her 4-year-old son were knocked down and came to rest on the west shoulder of County Road N40, a half mile south of 330th Ave.
- 1 bicyclist killed in Palo Alto County in north Iowa after being hit by van
- Police: Bicyclist killed in western Iowa hit-and-run
- Bicyclist hit in Rochester intersection
- Winter Storm Warning in effect for Cerro Gordo, Emmet, Hancock, Kossuth, Palo Alto, Winnebago and Worth counties
- Bicyclist hit by truck in Mason City
- Bicyclist injured in hit-and-run collision
- UPDATE: Female bicyclist hit in Rochester
- Bicyclist hit by car in Austin
- Authorities: Charges pending against Austin man suspected of hitting bicyclist
- Van hits parked SUV in Charles City