GARNER, Iowa – The charges have been reduced in an altercation between neighbors.
James Daniel Vaden, 33 of Forest City, pleaded not guilty Friday to 3rd degree criminal mischief and misdemeanor assault. His trial is set to start on July 10.
Vaden is accused of attacking his next door neighbor on April 24, then kicking out the side windows of the squad car as he was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
Vaden was originally charged with 2nd degree burglary, 2nd degree criminal mischief, and assault causing bodily injury but the burglary charge was dismissed and the other two charges lessened.
- Charges reduced in Forest City assault
- Forest City man has alibi for burglary, assault charges
- Forest City man charged with assaulting his next door neighbor
- Forest City man pleads guilty to assaults
- Eight criminal charges against Forest City man
- Forest City men facing marijuana charges
- Forest City man charged with selling meth
- Burglary charge dismissed against Forest City man
- Forest City man to stand trial for burglary and assault
- Forest City man accused of violent assault over fishing poles