A 7.5-magnitude earthquake rocked the Indonesian island of Sulawesi on September 28th followed by a massive tsunami, which killed more than 1700 people.
Thousands of others have been injured and tens of thousands have been displaced as water smashed into buildings and swept away homes.
Accidents, disasters and safety
Continents and regions
The quake and landslides severely damaged roadways, hindering aid workers' access to victims. However, organizations are on the ground providing relief.
You can support these groups by clicking the "Take Action" button.
- Aid Indonesia earthquake and tsunami victims
- Help Indonesia tsunami victims
- Indonesia tsunami and earthquake: Rescuers race to aid victims as death toll passes 840
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake hits Indonesia
- Indonesia earthquake, tsunami death toll tops 400, hundreds more injured
- Indonesia accused of mishandling tsunami warnings
- Tsunami kills at least 222 in Indonesia
- Band swept off stage in Indonesia tsunami
- How Indonesia can reduce mortality from tsunamis
- 2011 Japan Earthquake - Tsunami Fast Facts