A helicopter crash killed all 18 people aboard Saturday in a remote area in Russia's Siberia region, state media reported.
The helicopter crashed immediately after takeoff in the small Arctic town of Igarka, in the Krasnoyarsk area, after colliding in midair with another helicopter's suspended cargo, state-run TASS news agency reported.
Accidents, disasters and safety
Aviation and aerospace industry
Business and industry sectors
Business, economy and trade
Continents and regions
Deaths and fatalities
It was carrying three crew members and 15 workers from an oil field in the area, Russia's Sputnik news agency said.
Investigators are looking into what caused the deadly incident. Two flight recorders have been found at the scene, TASS reported.
- Russian helicopter crash kills 18 people in Siberia
- 7 US servicemen killed in helicopter crash
- Resident, pilot killed in helicopter crash
- Russian plane crash kills all 71 people on board
- Locked up in 'Little Siberia' at New York prison
- The day the Stanley Cup went missing -- in Siberia
- Helicopter with 4 people on board crashes into home
- 2 killed when Turkish helicopter crashes in Syria
- URGENT - 7 US service members killed in Iraq helicopter crash
- 7 US service members killed in Iraq helicopter crash