Former Razorback athletic director Jeff Long has been hired as the new athletic director at the University of Kansas.
Long was fired from the University of Arkansas in Nov. 2017, just weeks before the Razorbacks finished the football season 4-6 under former head coach Bret Bielema. Bielema was fired after the season as well.
Long was hired in 2008 to replace athletic director Frank Broyles.
He will be officially introduced as the new Kansas athletic director at a news conference on Wednesday, July 11.
According to FootballScoop.com, Long will be paid $1.5 million per season which would make him the second highest paid athletic director in the Big XII behind only Oklahoma's Joe Castiglione.
- Former Razorbacks Athletic Director Jeff Long Named AD At Kansas
- Michigan State Athletic Director Mark Hollis steps down
- Maryland football coach, athletics director to stay on after investigation
- 'Shut Up and Dribble' recalls long history of activist athletes
- Hollywood director teases Cruz over toughness in new ad
- Jeff Sessions Fast Facts
- Jeff Bezos Fast Facts
- Ex-CIA director: Americans will be named in future indictments
- NASA names Holly Ridings its first female chief flight director
- New CFPB director reverses efforts to change the agency's name