The NFL season hasn't even started, but one Dallas Cowboys player is already finding himself in trouble.
Cowboys Wide Receiver Terrance Williams was arrested Saturday by Frisco police for public intoxication. According to police, he crashed his car into a light pole and left the scene of an accident.
Williams on the other hand, issued a statement about the incident that is very different from the police report. He said "The driver in front of me slammed on his brakes and I turned to the left and hopped the curb to avoid hitting him.....The police officer, who I have met in the past in the neighborhood, saw me on the scooter and arrested me without performing any sobriety tests."
Cops were able to determined the 2017 blue Lamborghini belonged to Williams after he left his cell phone an other things inside the car. Terrance was released on a $369 bond Saturday afternoon. Cowboys officials say they are aware of the incident and will continue to collect more information. And to think he was just promoting taking a Lyft on his Twitter account.
- Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrance Williams disputes public intoxication arrest
- Dallas Cowboys Cole Beasley debuts new rap song, album
- Cowboy Camp welcomes kids from Dallas homeless shelters
- Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says Trump 'problematic' for NFL
- Former Dallas Cowboys linebacker Jeff Rohrer marrying his gay partner
- Hines Ward: Dallas Cowboys figuring it out at perfect time
- Soccer star Wayne Rooney arrested on public intoxication charge
- Former Dallas Cowboy Lincoln Coleman Found Safe After Forgetting Where He Parked
- Kicks for kids: Dallas elementary students receive shoes for Christmas!
- Dallas high schooler's heroic show of sportsmanship highlights Dallas Marathon