No one was injured after a roof collapsed in a Glen Rock apartment building.
At 3:50 a.m., crews were alerted to a reported collapse in an occupied apartment building in the 100 block of school street.
Crews checked the stability of the building and worked together to account for all residents who lived in the two-story apartment building.
An investigation of the collapse area and adjacent room, it was determined that an approximate 30' by 30' section of roof collapsed into the second floor apartments.
Water that was on the roof flooded the second and first floor after the collapse.
All residents of the building were taken to the Shrewsbury Township municipal building where the South Central York County EMS have mobilized care for the displaced residences.
The building owner is securing entry doors to deny entrance to the building until a structural engineer advises it is safe to enter again.
PREVIOUSLY: Crews responded to the scene of a roof collapse Friday morning.
The incident occurred around 3:50 a.m. at an apartment building in the 100 block of School Street in Glen Rock Borough.
People have been evacuated from the building, but there is no word on if any injuries have been suffered or the extent of any damage at this time.
- Roof collapse at apartment building in Glen Rock Borough under investigation
- Anchorage earthquake left crumbling buildings, collapsed roofs and damaged roads
- Miami building collapses unexpectedly
- Glen Campbell Fast Facts
- Police investigating Miami Beach building collapse
- Amazon building collapse kills 2
- More Than a Dozen Families Forced to Find New Homes Following Apartment Roof Collapse
- Wind rips roof off senior living apartments
- Moment fire collapses building in Sao Paulo
- Dozens evacuated after Hartford building partially collapses