The new Childish Gambino video, "This Is America," is filled with powerful imagery, but Trayvon Martin's father is not a part of that.
The Internet started buzzing after the music video's release that the man playing guitar at the beginning was Tracy Martin, father of the teen slain by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in Sanford, Florida, in 2012.
Some on Internet mistake actor in Childish Gambino video for father of slain teen
Calvin C. Winbush II says he hopes Trayvon Martin's father doesn't watch video
But, in reality, it's Calvin C. Winbush II, a Los Angeles-based actor and musician who goes by "Calvin the Second" professionally.
Winbush shared the news about being part of the video on his Instagram account.
"Cats out of the bag," the caption reads. "Catch me in @childishgambino's music video for his song "This Is America" (it's a bit graphic, so don't necessarily let your kids see it though.)"
The video, by Donald Glover's rap alter ego Childish Gambino, quickly went viral with its themes of gun violence, race and the media.
Winbush told Revolt TV he was surprised to learn some people were mistaking him for Trayvon Martin's father.
He said he didn't see the resemblance and actually hoped the elder Martin doesn't watch the video because of the gun violence displayed throughout.
"I don't even know if Trayvon Martin's dad can even watch stuff like that. I hope he doesn't see it," Winbush said. "He doesn't need that kind of trauma."
- That's not Trayvon Martin's dad in 'This Is America'
- Trayvon Martin Shooting Fast Facts
- In the March for Our Lives, don't forget Trayvon Martin
- 'Trayvon Martin' leads wave of racial-justice documentaries
- Basketball star Carmelo Anthony says gun violence is 'worse' since Trayvon Martin
- Basketball star Carmelo Anthony says gun violence has "got worse" since Trayvon Martin
- Martin Scorsese Fast Facts
- Martin O'Malley Fast Facts
- America loves to praise Martin Luther King Jr. But we ignore his message
- Dad creates 'drowning prevention drone'