A hot air balloon with 14 passengers and a pilot on board made an unplanned landing in Rancho Peñasquitos Sunday night.
The balloon set down on a hillside at Peñasquitos Drive and Del Diablo Way west of Interstate 15 about 7:15 p.m.
The community jumped in to help, keeping the basket stable and helping the passengers exit safely, according to the San Diego Police Department.
RELATED: Hot air balloon pilot talks to 10News about landing in Sabre Springs park
Witnesses helped the pilot bring the basket down to the street where it could be picked up by the owner, police said. The owner's name was not released.
No one was injured.
The NTSB said they are not investigating the incident. The agency only investigates when there are significant injuries, according to a spokesperson.
- Hot air balloon makes unplanned landing
- 4 hot air balloons make treacherous landings
- Southwest Flight 957 makes unplanned landing with broken window
- Hot air balloon's proximity concerns homeowner
- Hot air balloon with 3 onboard hits power line while landing in Wesley Chapel
- Tourist killed in hot air balloon crash in Egypt
- California deputies pull over ... two hot air balloons
- Southwest flight makes emergency landing
- Southwest plane makes emergency landing
- Allegiant flight makes emergency landing