Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor broke her shoulder in a fall, court spokesperson Kathleen Arberg said Tuesday.
The injury occurred Monday morning, Arberg said, citing Sotomayor's doctor. She will wear a sling for several weeks and will undergo physical therapy as part of her recovery.
Sotomayor, who joined the Supreme Court in 2009, plans to continue with her schedule as usual. She is expected at Supreme Court arguments Tuesday morning on an Internet sales tax case.
- Justice Sotomayor breaks shoulder in fall
- SCOTUS Justice Sotomayor to undergo shoulder surgery following fall
- Sonia Sotomayor Fast Facts
- Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor released from hospital after surgery
- Paramedics called to Justice Sonia Sotomayor's house for low blood sugar
- Sotomayor dissent tackles impact of Ohio ruling on minority voters
- Sotomayor says Kavanaugh a part of the Supreme Court 'family'
- Sotomayor: The 9 of us are now a family
- Justice Ginsburg: Health is 'fine' after fall
- Sotomayor says one of her relatives was among those initially uncounted in Puerto Rico death toll