The man arrested after a missing 15-year-old Guilford County girl was found is facing new charges.
Earl Robert Cunningham, 44, is now charged with first-degree kidnapping and statutory rape.
Cunningham was arrested Tuesday. He already faced charges of possession of a weapon of mass death/destruction, sexual battery, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana paraphernalia, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and indecent liberties with a child.
His bond has been raised to $2.5 million. If Cunningham bonds out, he is not allowed to have contact with the victim or the victim's family and will be given an ankle monitor.
The girl was found in Cunningham's Pleasant Garden home between 8:30 and 9 p.m. Tuesday.
She had been missing since Saturday night when she was last seen in the area of U.S. 62 and Interstate 85 in Guilford County.
Capt. David Pruitt, with the sheriff's office, said the 15-year-old was not with Cunningham when she was found.
The sheriff's office said Wednesday Cunningham was talking to the girl on social media. Investigators are searching his laptops, tablets and cellphones to find out the extent of their relationship.
She is safe and has returned to her family.
- Man arrested after missing Guilford County girl found now faces kidnapping, statutory rape charges
- Man charged with kidnapping, raping Johnson County deputy pleads guilty
- Teenager charged after pizza delivery driver robbed in Guilford County
- New York Uber driver faces kidnapping charges
- Guilford County Sheriff's Office works to combat recent gang activity
- Father charged with rape after missing Tennessee girl is found in Wisconsin
- Guilford County deputies arrest woman in connection to prostitution, human trafficking case
- HIV-positive man arrested, another man wanted in kidnap, rape of 12 year-old boy
- Suspect arrested in attempted kidnapping of 9-year-old girl
- Guilford County camp that helps victims of violence-related trauma looking for volunteers