Update: 3:48 p.m.
"The Packers are aware of the matter involving Trevor Davis. We are in the process of gathering more information and we will refrain from making any further comment as it is on ongoing legal matter."
A Green Bay Packers wide receiver has been arrested after an alleged joke about packing explosives at an airport.
Los Angeles Airport Police spokesman Rob Pedregon confirms to WTMJ that Trevor Davis has been arrested after discussing, in what was apparently a joke, smuggling explosives.
TMZ initially reported, and Pedregon told WTMJ, that Davis and a woman went to a Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter and made a joke with his female friend saying "Did you remember to pack the explosives?"
At that moment, police reportedly came to the scene and took Davis into custody before he was eventually released.
Pedregon tells WTMJ that the Los Angeles District Attorney's office will handle any potential prosecution of Davis.
- Packers wide receiver Trevor Davis arrested in L.A. for alleged 'explosives' comment in airport
- Three injured in explosion at airport
- Rapper Kamaiyah arrested at airport
- Exiled Catalan leader has Europe-wide arrest warrant dropped
- Billionaire James Packer resigns from Crown Resorts for 'personal reasons'
- Series of explosions reported at Syrian military airport
- Trevor Noah defends 'Africa won the World Cup' joke
- Odell Beckham, Jr. becomes the highest-paid wide receiver in the NFL
- Puerto Rico suffers island-wide power outage
- 'SNL' star Alec Baldwin comments after arrest