A lightning strike killed one woman and injured four others on Saturday in White Springs, Florida, Sheriff J. Harrell Reid with the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office said.
Lightning struck a camper trailer where five people were taking shelter from the rain because of the tremendous downpour, Reid said. A 23-year-old woman was killed and four others were injured.
The storm system included powerful winds, hail and isolated tornadoes, according to CNN meteorologist Haley Brink.
Severe storms and local heavy rains were forecast for Florida and much of the southeastern United States on Saturday, Brink said.
- Lightning strike kills 1, injures 4 in Florida
- Man killed by lightning strike while mowing yard
- Teen survives lightning strike at cabin
- Mother, daughters shaken after lightning bolt strikes car
- 'It's A Miracle': Girlfriend Saves Man's Life Following Lightning Strike
- About 1,250 lightning strikes recorded in Washington within three hours
- Woman struck by lightning identified
- Rosenstein is a lightning rod
- A lightning strike during a South Carolina holiday celebration leaves one person dead and 11 hurt
- Putin boasts military might with animation of Florida nuke strike