A 7-year-old boy is in critical condition after being shot in the neck on Detroit's east side.
Police were called to a home on the 11000 block of Chelsea Avenue near Conner Street and Gratiot Avenue just before 11 p.m. Thursday night.
The boy's mother told officers she heard multiple shots being fired outside their home. Moments later, her son came down from his bedroom to tell her he had been shot.
Police continue to search for the shooter.
- 7-year-old boy shot in the neck on Detroit's east side
- Four shot overnight in Detroit
- Police dig for body in homicide case on Detroit's east side
- 7-year-old shot while sitting in car in Baltimore dies
- Shark knocks 7-year-old Florida boy off his surfboard
- Detroit police mourn officer who dies days after being shot
- Detroit man shot and killed while live on Instagram
- Neck-and-neck race for House seat in Kentucky
- Neck-and-neck battle for Arizona Senate seat
- Lawmakers tour border after 7-year-old's death