In a push to use more of the Hawaiian language Hawaiian Airlines debuted four flights Tuesday done entirely in Hawaiian.
Company officials say the flights between Honolulu and Hilo featured employees who are fluent in the language.
State Senator and Hawaiian Air pilot Kaialii Kahele says everything from the announcements to service even to the pilots' pre-takeoff communication were done in Hawaiian.
Hawaiian Air says it's an opportunity to share the language with its guests.
- Hawaiian Airlines debuts flights done entirely in Hawaiian
- Volcano eruption levels Hawaiian neighborhoods
- Entangled humpback whale freed off Hawaiian beach
- Golfer Rickie Fowler divides opinion with untucked Hawaiian shirt
- Rallies across the state call attention to Hawaiian language
- Military and civilians clean native Hawaiian fishpond for Earth Day
- Hawaiian vacation planned, but worried about air quality? Go
- Kilauea volcano destroys 467 Hawaiian homes, officials say
- Hawaiian macadamia nut products recalled due to E. coli concern
- What's going on with Hawaiian seals? Nobody nose