Most couples who host "gender reveal" parties use a cake.
Mike Kliebert announced the news with an alligator.
In a video posted on Facebook, Kliebert opens the jaws of an alligator and waits to be handed something about the size of a bowling ball. As friends and family cheer him on, Kliebert puts the ball into the gator's mouth and lets the beast chomp down.
In a split second, the gator's jaws burst through the "ball" - which was actually a hollowed out watermelon. And to the delight of the crowd, gobs of jello fly out of the gator's mouth. The jello is blue.
The baby will be a boy.
Kliebert, who goes by the title "T-Mike, the Gator King" is an alligator wrangler, trainer, and tour guide. You can learn more about his tours at http://www.kliebertgatortours.com/.
- Family uses an alligator for the 'gender reveal'
- Gender reveal party ignites wildfire
- Ferris Wheel Reveal Shares Baby's Gender At California State Fair
- Shanann Watts was to have a 'gender reveal' party Saturday
- Border patrol agent's gender reveal party ignited a 47,000-acre wildfire
- Carrie Underwood reveals her baby's gender at the CMAs
- Authorities capture 13-foot alligator
- 'Modern Family' character reveals pregnancy
- Alligator gets a prosthetic tail
- 10-foot alligator attacks 1,050-pound horse