The discovery of what appeared to be dynamite at a Park City home under construction forced evacuations Monday morning, police said.
Construction crews were excavating at 911 Empire Ave. when they found what they are fairly certain is dynamite, according to Park City police spokesman Phil Kirk. Authorities don't yet know how dangerous the discovery might be.
Some people have been evacuated from the Old Town area and Empire Avenue.
It is still unclear why the possible dynamite was buried underneath the property.
This article will be updated.
- Discovery of possible dynamite forces evacuations
- Trump: Ivanka would be dynamite at UN
- 640 Pounds of Dynamite Stolen from Pennsylvania Worksite
- Smoking iPhone battery forces Apple store evacuation
- Istanbul hospital fire forces evacuation of patients
- Oklahoma wildfires kill 1, force evacuations
- Oklahoma wildfire kills 1, forces evacuations
- World War II bomb disposal forces evacuation
- Water leak floods JFK Airport baggage claim, forces evacuation
- Norwich auto yard fire forces evacuations in the area