We now know which movie earns the distinction of ending the streak of "Black Panther" as No. 1 at the box office.
"Pacific Rim Uprising" took the tide with just over $28 million at the box office this weekend.
The "Pacific Rim" sequel opened softer than original
"Black Panther" came in at no. 2
In its sixth week of release, "Black Panther" earned almost $17 million, according to Box Office Mojo.
The sci-fi sequel had a softer opening than 2013's "Pacific Rim," which opened with $37 million in July of that year.
"Pacific Rim Uprising" stars John Boyega, Cailee Spaeny and Scott Eastwood.
And while it was toppled, don't feel bad for "Black Panther."
Wakanda still rules with more than $630 million in domestic box office receipts, more than $1.2 billion worldwide and the title of the most tweeted about film of all time.
- 'Pacific Rim Uprising' dethrones 'Black Panther' at the box office
- 'Pacific Rim Uprising' sizes up pretty mechanical sequel
- 'Black Panther' brings in a record-breaking box office weekend
- 'Black Panther' crushes box office records in opening weekend
- 'Black Panther' passes 'Titanic' at the box office
- Gazan leads uprising against Israel
- 'Black Panther' is heading for a record-breaking box office weekend
- Kylie Jenner claps back after being dethroned
- 'Black Panther' premiere has fans super excited
- 'Black Panther' pounces onto Marvel's top tier