A 57-year-old pastor has been arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting a girl, and San Bernardino police believe he may have more victims.
An investigation began on Feb. 5 when officials were alerted of a possible child abuse case.
The alleged vicim was interviewed and Harold Dien, a pastor at a Seventh Day Adventist Church, was identified as the suspect.
The case was turned over to the San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office who filed criminal charges against Dien on Thursday, officials said.
No details were released about the alleged victim or the crimes, but officials said they didn't occur in the church.
Dien, of Colton, is affiliated with a church in Upland and in Orange County, officials said, without elaborating.
- PD: Pastor arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl
- PD: 3 women arrested for kidnapping, assault
- Former youth pastor faces sexual assault on child charges
- Charges: Pastor Sexually Assaulted Parishioner, Called It 'Deliverance'
- PD: Man assaulted, strangled pregnant girlfriend
- Pastor Sought in Sexual Assault of Girl at Covina Hotel Says He Was in 'Wrong Place at the Wrong Time'
- JD.com CEO Richard Liu was arrested on suspicion of rape
- Michael Avenatti arrested on suspicion of domestic violence
- Pastor and former Marine charged with sexual assault of children; denied bond
- Girls' JV basketball coach arrested on sexual assault charges had alleged relationship with player