Dead fish washed ashore Wednesday in Corolla.
The Corolla Beach Music Facebook page posted photos of the fish that were located on the sand.
N.C. Marina Fisheries responded to a call about the fish around 8 – 9 a.m. Wednesday and told News 3 Menhaden fish washed up on Corolla Beach. The official said the fish do not have markings and could not provide how many fish have washed up so far.
Scientists from N.C. Marine Fisheries and Marine Patrol are at Corolla Beach investigating the incident.
More information is expected to come as officials complete their investigation.
- Marine officials investigate after dead fish wash ashore on the Outer Banks
- Presumed North Korean ghost ship washes ashore in northern Japan
- Undocumented immigrants detained after boat washes ashore in Laguna Beach
- NOAA's dive off Outer Banks wildlife refuge captures dramatic video
- North Carolina's Outer Banks getting a new bridge
- One person hurt, possible drug packages found after boat washes ashore in Carlsbad
- A whale washed ashore in Maryland and citizens attempted to push it back into the water
- Man in Outer Banks dies trying to save 12-year-old from rough surf
- Those on the Outer Banks among first to get orders to leave
- Several dead in Marine helicopter crash