A Davidson County deputy has been fired after he allegedly robbed a bank in Rowan County.
Davidson County Sheriff David Grice said he was notified on Tuesday that Jeff Athey was arrested and charged with robbing the bank.
Grice said Athey was a deputy in his department until the moment he robbed that bank. Grice confirmed that Athey has been terminated.
Nobody was hurt during the robbery and Athey did not resist officers, according to Grice.
The suspect is accused of robbing the F & M bank on West Main Street in Rockwell on Tuesday. He has since been jailed in Rowan County under a $500,000 bond.
Grice said he is shocked and appalled by Athey's behavior and that the suspect never gave any indication of this type of behavior when he employed as a deputy.
- Deputy fired after allegedly robbing bank
- Man allegedly used note to rob bank. Handily (for police) it had his name on it
- PD: Man robbed bank, threw money over Taylor Swift's fence
- Inmate who allegedly shot deputies has long criminal record
- Third Indian allegedly raped, set on fire
- Trio facing charges after allegedly assaulting, robbing man in Lancaster County
- Man allegedly robs Home Depot of $86,000 in products since 2012
- Man charged after allegedly robbing fast food employee with a machete
- Man shot after he allegedly robbed the Bellagio and tried to steal a car in valet
- Modern day "Bonnie minus Clyde" robs two banks in 15 days