A state lawmaker has introduced a bill to exempt Tennessee from Daylight Saving Time.
Rep. Rick Tillis, R-Lewisburg, said there are many reasons to make a change, and he's finding support.
"I've done a couple of polls and both have run right around 89 percent to stop changing the clocks, stay on Daylight Saving Time year-round," Tillis said.
Tillis said he has contacted bordering states where several legislators are discussing similar measures.
- Bill introduced to exclude TN from Daylight Saving Time
- Daylight Saving Time Fast Facts
- Why we have Daylight Saving Time
- How Parents Can Prepare Kids For Daylight Saving Time
- Daylight Saving Time: The myths and the truths
- Sunshine State senator floats bill to make Daylight Saving Time permanent
- Florida lawmakers vote to stay in Daylight Saving Time all year long
- Today's the 100th anniversary of daylight saving time. Forgive us if we don't bake a cake
- EU plans to abolish daylight saving time and make summer last forever
- Winter storm moving toward Middle TN