The Coast Guard is searching Saturday for man in the water approximately 55 nautical miles southeast of Fort Morgan.
According to a news release, Coast Guard Sector Mobile received a report at 6:52 a.m. from the pleasure craft Motion Granted, a 41-foot Hattaras, that 40-year-old Matthew Willis was overboard. The man was last seen at approximately 2 a.m.
Three people in the boat have been at anchor since the man was last seen and have remained in the area, the Coast Guard said.
Involved in the search is:
• Coast Guard Aviation Training Center Mobile HC-144 Ocean Sentry air crew
• Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans MH-65 Dolphin Helicopter air crew
• Coast Guard Station Dauphin Island Response Boat-Medium boatcrew
• Coast Guard Cutter Razorbill
- Coast Guard searches for a man overboard off Fort Morgan
- Coast Guard searching for cruise ship passenger who went overboard off Florida
- US Coast Guard searching for unresponsive aircraft
- Coast Guard suspends search for missing kayakers
- Search continues for sailor who fell overboard during yacht race
- Coast Guard wife helping area foster kids
- Coast Guard involved in search for man swept into ocean near Depoe Bay
- Solemn passengers describe cruise where woman went overboard
- 'Tully' shines and 'Overboard' sinks during break from blockbusters
- Overboard Missing Cruise Employee Found 21 Miles North Of Cuba