Morris Public Schools will be closed Wednesday through Friday due to an uptick in absences due to the flu within the district.
On Monday, school officials said 20 percent of students were absent due to the flu. On Tuesday, 30 percent of students are absent.
Dr. Billy Beets, who is the chief medical officer at the Muscogee Creek Nation Medical Center in Okmulgee, said he has seen a significant uptick in flu activity in the last week.
Beets said the emergency rooms in the Creek Nation medical system have been overwhelmed, and have had to transfer patients to Tulsa hospitals.
- Schools close for rest of week due to flu uptick
- Defense rests in Paul Manafort trial; closing arguments Wednesday
- Monmouth Poll: Trump sees uptick in approval rating
- Flu slams schools, shuttering some
- Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! (and the rest of Trump's week)
- Scientists closing in on a better flu vaccine
- All of West Virginia's public schools are closed due to a teacher walk-out over pay
- Norfolk Collegiate School closed due to 'unforeseen circumstances'; Bomb threat being investigated
- Marine laid to rest 75 years later
- Lifelong farmer put to rest HIS way