Spike Lee will reign as Honorary Celebrity Grand Marshall for the Zulu parade during Mardi Gras 2018.
The Zulu Social Aid and Pleasure Club touted Lee's long history of cinematic achievements and social activism in a Facebook post.
Lee and Zulu are dedicated to "greatness in the Urban Community," so his selection is a perfect fit for the historic organization, according to the post.
Lee will preside over Zulu as the parade rolls on the morning of Tuesday, February 13.
- Spike Lee selected as Zulu Celebrity Grand Marshall
- Spike Lee talks about his Mardi Gras ride with Zulu
- Spike Lee calls Trump 'agent orange'
- Zulu's storied history symbolizes Mardi Gras for African Americans worldwide
- Spike Lee hopes his new film sinks Trump
- Spike Lee connects past to urgent present in 'BlacKkKlansman'
- Spike Lee says he hopes his new film, 'BlacKkKlansman,' makes Donald Trump a one-term President
- Spike Lee says President Donald Trump is a 'bullhorn' for racism
- The Killers release political song 'Land of the Free' with video by Spike Lee
- Calls to suicide prevention hotline spiked after celebrity deaths, but what's the next step?