A nine-year-old girl was hit by a Tacoma pick-up truck after she sledded down the driveway of a Chester home and into the street, according to police and Crime Insider sources.
The child was transported to VCU Medical Center, where she died as a result of her injuries.
The tragic incident happened before 2:30 p.m. Thursday outside a home along the 2600 block of Mistwood Forest Drive.
The girl's name has not yet been released. Crime Insider sources said she was not from Virginia, but in town visiting family.
The driver of the truck, a man who lives in the neighborhood, immediately stopped, police said.
The crash team investigation into the crash remained ongoing. No charges were filed as of Friday morning.
Snow Wednesday night into Thursday morning cancelled school across Central Virginia.
- 9-year-old killed while sledding down driveway
- Panther attacks, kills house cat on camera in driveway
- Woman carjacked in own driveway, police say
- Officer praised for helping elderly woman shovel her driveway
- 6-year-old boy's wheelchair stolen from Brandon driveway
- Wild African cat corners man in his driveway
- Woman robbed at gunpoint in her driveway; second arrest made
- 9-year-old injured in coyote attack
- Only in Greenland: A beach for skiing and sledding
- College wrestler suffers severe injuries following sledding accident