Several media outlets are reporting that Tommy Nobis, the first draft pick in Atlanta Falcons history, has passed away at the age of 74.
Nobis was the first overall selection in the 1966 NFL Draft and was the subject of a bidding war against the NFL and AFL, before the two leagues merged into one. He played 11 seasons and was a 5-time Pro Bowler.
He was named Defensive Rookie of the Year in 1966 and is also a member of the Georgia Sports and College Football Hall of Fame.
It is unclear how he died.
Stay with CBS46 News for updates.
- Falcons great Tommy Nobis dies at age 74
- TV producer Steven Bochco dies at 74
- Tommi Mäkinen: The Flying Finn
- Emmy-winning producer Steven Bochco dies at 74
- Tommi Mäkinen: the Finnish hero of rallying
- Elon Musk: Falcon Heavy will be a 'great rocket launch or the best fireworks display'
- SpaceX sets Falcon Heavy launch date
- SpaceX's Falcon Heavy launch in pictures
- SpaceX launches its newest Falcon 9 rocket
- UK far-right activist Tommy Robinson freed on bail