Areas Affected: Cerro Gordo; Floyd; Worth
...The Flood Warning has been extended for all or portions of the
following rivers in Iowa...Cedar River...Winnebago River...Shell
Affecting the following counties in Iowa...Black Hawk...Bremer...
...The Flood Warning continues for all or portions of the following
rivers in Iowa...West Fork Des Moines River...
Affecting the following counties in Iowa...Emmet
River forecasts include observed precipitation, as well as expected
precipitation over the next 24 hours.
...Flood Warning now in effect until Sunday afternoon...
The Flood Warning continues for
The Winnebago River at Mason City, or From Beaver Creek near
Fertile...to the Shell Rock River near Rockford.
* Until Sunday afternoon.
* At 4:30 AM Thursday the stage was 8.0 feet, or 2.0 feet below Flood Stage.
* Flood Stage is 10.0 feet.
* No flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...rise to Flood Stage early Friday morning. Continue rising to 11.5 feet, or 1.5 feet above Flood Stage, early Saturday morning. Then begin falling and go below Flood Stage Sunday afternoon.
* Impact...At 11.0 feet, Sandbagging occurs on the dike from 12th Street Northeast to Carolina Street. &&
If you encounter a flooded area, turn around and find an alternate route. Turn around, do not drown. More information--including impact statements and crest histories--is available on the Web at... www.weather.gov/desmoines. Click on the Rivers and Lakes link.
Areas Affected: Franklin
The National Weather Service in Des Moines has issued a
* Flood Warning for... Eastern Wright County in north central Iowa... Franklin County in north central Iowa...
* Until 415 AM CDT Friday.
* At 412 AM CDT, local law enforcement reported flooding in portions of Wright and Franklin Counties, including impassable roads. As much has 4 or more inches of rain have fallen overnight, with scattered storms continuing this morning.
* Some locations that may experience flooding include... Hampton, Belmond, Ackley, Sheffield, Big Wall Lake, Elm Lake, Dows, Latimer, Coulter, Alexander, Geneva, Rowan, Bradford, Hansell, Chapin, Popejoy, Galt, Beeds Lake State Park, Hampton Municipal Airport and Belmond Municipal Airport.
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles. Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small creeks and streams, country roads, farmland, and other low lying spots.