INDICE DE GALERIAS
WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) — Witnesses say a neighbor tried to help someone escape a mobile home fire in Waterloo but had to give up due to intense flame, smoke and heat.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports (http://bit.ly/1eee7vb ) 32-year-old Nick Powell lives across the street from the mobile home, where two people died in the Monday afternoon fire.
Neighbor Stafanie Barker says Powell tried to help an occupant who was near a door of the mobile home, but the heat and flames wouldn't let him get close enough.
Powell's father, James Powell, says his son is "a caring kid" and he's not surprised he rushed toward the fire in an attempt to help.
Waterloo fire officials say a man and woman died in the fire, but they haven't been able to identify them.
Information from: Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier, http://www.wcfcourier.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
A Minnesota senator who lost a daughter to a heroin overdose is hoping to change some things so that people like her daughter can be saved.
Pastor Will and his wife Joyce Hunsaker are well-known in their church for being there for others, especially in times of grief.
A white male in his 30s has been knocking on the doors of elderly women trying to get in.
While it might be fun to decorate your home for the holidays with lights and festive decor, it can come at a price and not just the price you pay for the decorations.
It's only partially what was asked for, but an Iowa healthcare proposal is still getting the okay from the federal government.
Lawmakers are now saying an agreement on the farm bill will likely come in January, after winter storms caused delays.
Fire officials believe a wood burning heater may be to blame for a fire that engulfed an area shed.
The West Hancock after school 4-H club donated hand made holiday decor to the Britt Hospital.