INDICE DE GALERIAS
AMES, IA - The Iowa Transportation Commission announced funding for several local projects.
In Franklin County, the commission approved a Revitalize Iowa's Sound Economy (RISE) Immediate Opportunity grant. Up to $322,000 will be made available to help in the reconstruction of 90th Street located southwest of Hampton. The project is expected to last about a year, and officials say it's necessary to provide improved access to The Good Eggs, LLC, an egg production facility. This will support the creation of 46 new jobs and $20 million in capital investment.
Local airports are also benefiting from Transportation Commission funding. Statewide, airports are sharing $5.9 million from the State Aviation Program, which will supplement local and federal funding. Projects at local aiports include:
- $150,000 for construction of a hangar at Charles City - Northeast Iowa Regional
- $10,500 for pavement maintenance at Cresco Municipal - Ellen Church Field
- $115,600 for fuel tank improvements at Decorah Municipal
- $152,473 for access road and parking lot rehabilitation at Mason City Municipal
- $98,450 for terminal rehabilitation, including replacing the terminal cooling system, installing security cameras, and improving entrance soffit and ceiling at Mason City Municipal.
"Iowa's air transportation system is critical to the movement of goods and people," said Michelle McEnany, Director of the Iowa Department of Transportation's Office of Aviation. "Aviation plays a key role in supporting economic activity in Iowa by delivering an estimated $18 billion impact to Iowa's economy."
Albert Lea Salvation Army Captain Jim Brickson has finished in a three-way tie in his world bell ringing attempt.
It's a season for giving.
A north Iowa affordable housing program is receiving a grant that will go towards home repairs in Cerro Gordo County.
The different weather conditions has the Minnesota DNR urging people to not let their guard down when hitting the ice.
As the temperature drops, we're all reminded to bundle up this winter and avoid too much exposure.
A grant aimed to combat homelessness in Iowa may not have come at a better time.
The holiday spirit is being felt in southern Minnesota.
When the temps start dropping, going outside to start your car a few minutes before you have to leave becomes a winter routine.