INDICE DE GALERIAS
DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) — Davenport firefighters responding to a house fire rescued a toddler who had been left home alone.
The Quad-City Times reports (http://bit.ly/17sfRcH ) firefighters responded to a fire Friday morning in an older home that had been converted to a duplex. They found fire in a second-floor kitchen and a 2-year-old boy in an adjacent living room.
Davenport Fire Marshal Mike Hayman says, "No adults were home. Just the 2-year-old."
A firefighter was injured as he rescued the boy from a second-floor window. The firefighters was later treated at a hospital and released.
The boy wasn't injured but was taken to a hospital to be examined.
His father arrived at the home a few minutes after firefighters responded.
Police are investigating the matter.
Authorities didn't release names of those involved.
Information from: Quad-City Times, http://www.qctimes.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
December is a month involving lots of celebrations, but as folks take part in pre-holiday parties and the Christmas holiday, it's important to remember to be safe.
The Mitchell County courthouse is going to see some big changes coming up in the next couple of months, but there are already changes happening on the grounds.
It has been said before; if you want better food, buy local.
An area city has made it a point to improve their customer service and more and now they are being recognized.
A hearing being held today could change the course of an area murder trial.
An ordinance violation has 13 dogs being moved to the Humane Society of Freeborn County.
Things are heating up for an area organization looking to meet their fundraising goal.