INDICE DE GALERIAS
KIMT is looking for a Digital Director. Think you can manage the daily tactical operations of our web site and mobile properties? Can you prioritize key projects and initiatives? Do you know UI, UX, social media, mobile web, coding and scripting languages? Do you have strong editorial judgment and a desire to shape the way local news is presented digitally?
The Digital Director is a department head position and is responsible for developing and executing the vision for KIMT's digital properties. This position must be able to produce and implement a flow of creative solutions for daily operations, including training, tools, efficiencies and processes as well as be the station's digital brand manager.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in website architecture, user experience design, scripting and development as well as digital marketing. The candidate should also be a strong communicator who is well-versed in the technical demands of digital storytelling and must understand how content management systems work.
- Optimize and manage content for digital properties
- Design and build custom web applications using frameworks and APIs
- Provide regular reporting for website and online marketing initiatives
- Hands-on optimization, including keyword/phrase research, site structure, page construction, content, and SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Keep up with industry trends and opportunities
- Manage content management system
- Be on call to cover major events 24 hours a day
- Ensure quality content: Edit video and images, Proofread reporter/anchor stories, Write engaging headlines, abstracts and body copy
- Work in tandem with newsroom personnel and news managers, promotions and sales departments in digital execution
- Participate in all news meetings to facilitate digital content
- Assist with special project/sweeps planning & execution
- Knowledge of Digital, Internet-related technologies and current trends, including social media and analytics
- Web design, web development and web management experience
- Experience with web and application servers and PHP-based content management systems
- College degree; at least one year experience as newscast or digital manager preferred
- Experienced with web-publishing tools and versed with competitive sites and systems
- Strong editorial judgment
- Strong writing skills, including intimate familiarity with AP style
- Strong communication/people skills
- Be passionate about accuracy in news coverage
- Thrive under high-pressure situations like breaking news and severe weather coverage
- Always ask "How can I tell this story better?" and "How can we use the tools at our disposal to extend the narrative?"
- Always be on the lookout for the next innovation or learning opportunity
- Be a gadget geek (we publish across more than just the web)
Please send cover letter and resume to: KIMT-TV, Attn: Business Administrator, PO Box 620, Mason City, IA 50402 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon successfully passing a substance abuse test and a background screening. Successful candidate must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record. KIMT-TV is an EOE.
State and environmental leaders gathered in southern Minnesota to talk about improving the state's infrastructure.
Around the country, statistics are showing we're becoming more health conscious and both Iowa and Minnesota are setting the trend.
We’re looking into what's safe and what's not, when it comes to decorating with your pets in mind
Believe it or not those bulky winter coats can actually put your child at risk while in a car seat.
Your car isn't the only thing needing maintenance before the harsh winter, your furnace also requires seasonal TLC.
Even though Friday is the 13th, it still could be your lucky day.
Starting next year, three area counties will be depending on the same company for public transportation.