CLARION, Iowa – A gas leak that resulted in the evacuation and sheltering of residents was the result of a crew striking a gas line while burying a fiber optic cable.
Authorities in Wright County said it happened at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of 2nd St. NW and repairs were completed at 2 a.m. Thursday.
“Detours were set-up throughout town including the rerouting of traffic on Hwy 3 through Clarion,” said Jim Lester, Emergency Management Coordinator.
Agencies who responded included Clarion Fire Department, Clarion Police Department, Clarion Ambulance Service, Clarion Public Works, Wright County Sheriff’s Office, Wright County Emergency Management, Wright County Secondary Roads, Iowa State Patrol and the Iowa DOT.
- Wright County gas leak fixed early this morning
- Gas leak closes Highway 122
- Gas leak in Mason City
- Gas leak in NW Rochester
- Manure spill in Wright County
- Fatal collision in Wright County
- Gas leak shuts down Rochester road
- UPDATE: Natural gas leak in Rochester
- UPDATE: Evacuation for Northwood gas leak ends
- Gas leak ends safely in Northwood