Scroll for more content...
Jesse Anderson, 42, of Northwood, and his 4-year-old child died after authorities received a report of two kayakers who had overturned on Hart Lake on Saturday and had not returned to the water’s surface.
The Hubbard County Sheriff’s Office said responding agencies located a kayak upside down Saturday afternoon and there were no immediate signs of the victims.
Emergency crews were able to locate the 4-year-old in the water and began CPR. The child was transported by Cass Lake Ambulance and then North Memorial Air Care to U of M Hospital in Minneapolis and was listed in critical condition. The child, whose name was not released by authorities, died after being taken off life support.
The search for Jesse Anderson was suspended overnight Saturday and resumed at 7 a.m. Sunday.
At 10:53 a.m. Sunday, his body was recovered from Hart Lake in six feet of water.
Neither victim was found wearing a life jacket, authorities said.
- Worth County child, 4, and father dead after kayaking accident
- Worth County crash Monday morning
- Man sought after kayak flipped in Fort Dodge river
- Supreme Court: Son can sue father over MN hunting accident
- Rollover crash early Sunday in Worth County
- Cell phone reminder from Worth County Sheriff
- Two-vehicle crash in Worth County
- Worth County approves CAFO near Silver Lake
- Three arrested for Worth County burglary
- Multiple crashes on I-35 in Worth County