Winter Weather Advisory
Areas Affected: Cerro Gordo; Emmet; Franklin; Hancock; Humboldt; Kossuth; Palo Alto; Pocahontas; Winnebago; Worth; Wright
NWS DesMoines (Central Iowa)
...Snow and Blowing Snow Today... .Light snow of varied intensities will persist into early this morning before diminishing north to south this afternoon. Low pressure over central Iowa this morning will move south and east through the day with winds increasing and becoming gusty in its wake. This will producing areas of blowing snow and visibility restrictions as well. ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS EVENING...
* WHAT...Light Snow and patchy blowing snow. Additional snow accumulations of an inch or less.
* WHERE...North central Iowa.
* WHEN...Until 6 PM CST this evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions. Be prepared for reduced visibilities at times. A tow ban remains in effect for Worth County.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
- UPDATE: Winter Weather Advisory extended to 6 p.m. for North Iowa
- Winter Weather Advisory issued for many North Iowa counties
- Winter Weather Advisory for some north-central Iowa counties
- Winter weather advisory in effect
- Weather update in North Iowa
- Winter weather advisory and watches issued in viewing area
- Storm pushing east but Winter Weather Advisory still in effect
- UPDATE: Boil Advisory lifted for Ostrander
- UPDATE: Boil advisory lifted for Meservey
- Winter Weather & Skin Care