ROSEAU, Minn. – The Minnesota DNR found itself in an odd situation last week.
The DNR said a 150-pound black male bear got its head stuck in a 10-gallon milk jug last week northwest of Roseau.
The DNR said it drilled holes in the jug so the bear could breathe then used cooking oil to try to slide it off the bear’s head.
After that didn’t work, the Roseau Fire Department was brought in and some special equipment helped free the bear.
- Authorities in MN respond to bear with head trapped in 10-gallon milk jug
- Authorities respond to crash involving school bus in southern MN
- Authorities investigating after rash of thefts in southern MN town
- Authorities: Around $10K worth of damage in southern MN burglary
- "Milk Money" fundraising project begins Friday
- Milk Money project off to great campaign
- UPDATE: Mayo responds to strike authorization vote in Albert Lea
- Authorities respond to house fire in Clear Lake
- MN HS football rankings (10/11)
- MN HS football rankings (10/17)