Scroll for more content...
You might want to think twice before spending too much this winter.
The Iowa Department of Revenue is already predicting tax income refunds will be delayed. Those with the department say that's because they've strengthened their detection tools to prevent tax refund fraud. They're hoping to keep your tax money out of the wrong hands.
One local woman says she doesn't mind the delay as long as she gets her return.
“As someone who is paying off their student loans it’s kind of a great bonus, so at the time of year probably,” Abby Callison said.
The Iowa Department of Revenue recommends that if you plan on filing your taxes online, you use security software and strong passwords.
- Warning of delayed income tax refunds already being pushed
- IRS warns tax preparers on refunds
- Drugmakers push back against lawmakers' calls to tax opioids
- Snowstorm causes airport delays
- Friday's delays and closings
- Weather closings and delays
- School closings and delays
- Median farm income plunges in Minnesota
- Snow is delaying golf season
- Monday's school delays and closings