ROCHESTER, Minn. – A man is now in custody after a standoff with police Saturday morning.
Carlos Blair, 42, is being detained on weapons charges and a Department of Corrections warrant.
Just after 3:00 a.m., an officer spotted a car he knew belonged to a person wanted on a Department of Corrections warrant and believed to have possession of a handgun.
The officer tried to stop the vehicle at the intersection of 12th St and 3rd Ave SE when he saw Blair driving. Blair took off in the car, pulled it over at 1127 3rd Ave SE, and ran inside an apartment while the passenger was detained, police say.
Authorities followed Blair’s path up to the apartment and found a 9 mm handgun magazine. A standoff then began.
Rochester’s Emergency Response Team was called in, and after getting a search warrant, police entered the apartment and arrested Blair around 7:30 a.m. Authorities say they found the 9 mm gun inside the apartment.
- Wanted man arrested after standoff with police in Rochester
- Rochester standoff sends Austin man to prison
- Man arrested after standoff in Wright County
- Wanted man under arrest
- Police: Man with ties to recent Rochester robberies arrested
- Man facing drug charges after Rochester arrest
- Man arrested after Rochester killing gets probation
- Rochester man arrested after motorcycle hits car
- Rochester police: Wanted man held at gun point, fights with police
- Probation for Rochester man