BLUE GRASS, Iowa (AP) - Authorities have released the names of four family members killed by an early Christmas morning house fire in eastern Iowa.
The blaze erupted a little after 12:30 a.m. Monday in Blue Grass.
The Scott County Sheriff's Office identified three of them as 71-year-olds Larry Loose Sr. and Rose Loose and their 36-year-old son, Steven Loose. They were pronounced dead at the scene. A second son, 35-year-old Michael Loose, escaped from the house and later was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The State Fire Marshal Division is still investigating the cause of the blaze.
Blue Grass is a community of about 1,500 residents 150 miles (240 kilometers) east of Des Moines.
- Victims identified in Christmas morning fire
- Trial scheduled in Christmas morning chase
- UPDATE: Victims identified in deadly Cedar Falls collision
- UPDATE: Suspect and victims identified in fatal Rochester stabbings
- Shots fired in Rochester on Christmas night
- Deadly Christmas Day fire in eastern Iowa
- Christmas morning pursuit sending North Iowa man to prison
- UPDATE: Student, driver identified in Iowa school bus fire
- Getting fit after Christmas
- UPDATE: Fatal crash victim in Cerro Gordo Co. identified as Swaledale council member