BRITT, Iowa - A local VFW chapter received multiple recognitions Monday afternoon.
The VFW Auxilary 4370 of Britt was recognized for its continuous community service as well as recognizing local veterans. The Volunteer of the Year Award, a national award, was given to Blanche Chizek.
Chizek has donated more than 300 hours at the Hancock County Memorial Hospital helping in whatever capacity needed, the rest of that time she can be found at the Summit House where she does fingernails. The VFW's efforts go far beyond community service. They also make U.S. flag keyrings to give out to Veterans as a way to thank them for their service. To join the Britt Auxilary.
- Britt VFW efforts honored
- Austin schools honored for digital education efforts
- Britt man sentenced for meth possession
- Traveling war memorial in Britt this weekend
- Britt man sentenced for child pornography
- VFW's Last Call: 'It's home away from home'
- Clear Lake VFW photo memorial doubles in size
- Local club donates Flag deposit box to VFW
- Former Britt man pleads not guilty to sex abuse
- Britt man convicted of sexually abusing two girls