MANTORVILLE, Minn. – The U.S. Marshal’s Office has now joined in the search for a Dodge County woman.
Lois Ann Riess, 56, is charged with felony theft and wanted as a person of interest in the murder of her husband. The Dodge County Sheriff’s Office says investigators believe that after David Riess was killed, Lois Riess transferred nearly $10,000 from his business account into his personal account and then forged David Riess’ signature on three checks to herself for $11,000.
David Riess was found dead from multiple gun shots on March 23.
Anyone with information on Lois Riess is asked to call 911. In addition to federal marshals, she is being sought by the Dodge County Sheriff’s Office and the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.
- U.S. Marshals now looking for Lois Riess
- Lois Riess now facing the death penalty
- Lois Riess makes court appearance in Florida
- Surveillance video released of Lois Riess before alleged murder
- Lois Riess captured in Texas as nationwide search ends
- Florida gets first crack at accused killer Lois Riess
- UPDATE: Lois Riess makes first court appearance in Florida
- Lois Riess pleads not guilty to Florida murder
- Evidence in Lois Riess case released to the public
- Nationwide search underway for Lois Riess, now tied to 2 murders (with video of press conference)