Scroll for more content...
The Clear Lake Police Department received a report of a possible robbery in the 500 block of 7th Ave. N. around 6:10 p.m. Tuesday.
After a follow-up investigation Wednesday, police said “the department is not able to corroborate the report of a robbery occurring at the residence.
“Statements made to investigators claim the reporting party had a consensual conversation with a white male who was invited into the home. After a brief conversation, the male was asked to leave, which he did. The relationship between the female resident and the male is undetermined. There was no theft, damage, or injury reported.”
The investigation remains open but has been reclassified as suspicious activity instead of robbery.
- UPDATE: Police 'not able to corroborate the report' of Clear Lake robbery
- Clear Lake police: Multiple theft reports from vehicles over weekend
- UPDATE: Clear Lake police still seeking missing woman
- SAW: Clear Lake's Gretchen Jones
- Clear Lake officially ice free
- SAW: Clear Lake Boys Golf
- SAW: Clear Lake's Chloe Mueller
- Huge weekend for Clear Lake's Eric Faught
- Clear Lake man sentenced for federal fraud
- Mobile home fire in Clear Lake