AUSTIN, Minn. – Two of the people arrested after a drug task force investigation are pleading guilty.
Jennifer Ann Elizabeth Spaeth, 28 of Albert Lea, and Cully Thomas Shierts, 21 of Albert Lea, and Ryan Jiles Baldus, 27 of Austin, were charged after authorities stopped their vehicle on Mower County Road 2 on December 18, 2017. Law enforcement says a search of the vehicle found a .38 caliber pistol, ammunition, 1.44 grams of methamphetamine, a small amount of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, and $223.
Authorities say a search of Baldus’ home then located nearly 12 grams of meth, marijuana, marijuana wax, a mirror with meth residue, drug paraphernalia, and a box of rifle ammunition.
Spaeth has pleaded guilty to two counts of 5th degree drug possession, illegal transport of a pistol, and illegal transport of pistol ammunition.
Shierts is pleading guilty to 5th degree drug possession and being a drug user in possession of ammunition.
Baldus is pleading not guilty to two counts of violent felon in possession of a firearm and two counts of 5th degree drug possession. His trial is scheduled for July 23.
- Two guilty pleas in Mower County drug case
- Not guilty pleas after Mower County drug bust
- Guilty plea in Mower County kidnap/rape case
- Guilty plea in Austin drug/gun case
- Guilty plea to Howard County drug crimes
- Accused kidnapper pleads guilty in Mower County
- Second sentence in Mower County drug bust
- Mower County fugitive sentenced
- Guilty pleas in traffic stop drug bust
- Not guilty plea in Austin drug death