ROCHESTER, Minn. – Two good Samaritans helped foil an alleged shoplifting incident over the holidays.
Rochester police say around Dec. 29 at 4 p.m. an officer working security was approached by a Scheel’s employee about a man who allegedly had taken ammunition from the store.
An officer approached 19-year-old Dylan Sutter, of Rochester, before Sutter fought with the officer and ran through Riddle’s Jewelry store in Apache Mall.
Sutter, who had home invasion charges recently, allegedly ran back to the food court when two citizens helped apprehend him.
Sutter was charged with felonies for possessions ammunition, possession of a controlled substance.
He is facing misdemeanor charges for theft, fleeing an officer on foot, obstruction the legal process and damage to property.
- Two citizens help foil shoplifting attempt at Rochester mall
- Probation for Walmart shoplifter
- Rochester groups provide art workshops for senior citizens
- Attempted murder trial canceled in Rochester
- Final sentence in Fleet Farm shoplifting
- Mall walking in the winter
- Man suspected of shoplifting now facing drug charges
- Build-A-Bear Workshop promo draws nearly 1,000 people to Rochester mall
- World Citizen Award for RCTC student
- Citizens recognized for leadership in community