Scroll for more content...
Court records show 25-year-old Codie Matz entered the plea Tuesday to two counts of first-degree murder. His trial is scheduled to begin Jan. 23. He remains in Cerro Gordo County Jail, pending $1 million bail.
Authorities say he killed 61-year-old Kenneth Hackbart and 64-year-old Kathleen Hackbart. Officers found their bodies Nov. 7. Matz was arrested later that day in Bondurant, a Des Moines suburb.
- Trial set for Mason City man accused of stabbing to death grandparents
- Trial delayed for Mason City man accused of killing grandparents
- Mason City man accused of murdering grandparents found competent to stand trial
- Trial set for Mason City man accused of assault
- Trial set in Mason City car chase
- Court documents: Mason City man accused of killing grandparents to change plea to guilty
- Illinois murder trial set for Mason City man
- UPDATE: Trial date set in Mason City double murder case
- UPDATE: Man accused of killing grandparents asking for psychiatric evaluation
- Stabbing investigation underway in Mason City