ROCHESTER, Minn.- Airport officials told KIMT that flights on Wednesday were not affected yet by the winter storm.
Interestingly, they say they actually are usually more concerned with the weather in Chicago which is where a lot of their flights connect.
Officials said that their operations crew was fully prepared for the storm treating the runways with chemicals. The runways cannot be salted before a storm because the salt causes rust on the bottom of airplanes.
The operations crew was called in early Thursday morning to ensure that the runways would be safe for departing flights.
Airport officials say they will continue to keep an eye on the storm.
- Traveling Affected by Storm
- Monday's snow storm affects Rochester transportation
- Stock market affecting housing market
- Warmer temperatures affecting road conditions
- Winter weather affects spring business
- Weather affecting MnDOT bridge inspections
- How does encryption affect local law enforcement?
- National hiring surge affects local businesses
- Holiday travel safety for drivers
- Gas prices and holiday travel